The Tesla Powerwall is a rechargeable home battery system that stores energy from solar or from the grid and makes it available on demand. It can power your home during the night or back up your home in the event of a power outage. With its built-in battery inverter, the Powerwall is compact and easy to integrate into your home. The Powerwall can be used for a variety of applications and features, including:
- Self-Powering your Home. You can use more of your solar by storing the excess energy and using it at night, which roughly doubles the amount of solar energy that directly powers your home.
- Backup Power. It provides seamless backup power in the event of a utility power outage. In a longer outage, Powerwall can recharge from your solar power system. If necessary, you can even run your home from solar and Powerwall indefinitely.
- Home Energy Monitoring. You can monitor your solar, Powerwall and home energy use in real time with the Tesla mobile app with internet connectivity.
- Time-based Control. Powerwall can help you maximize the value of your solar and energy usage by smartly charging and discharging based on the time and price of energy.
- Remote Control Powerwall. The Tesla mobile app allows you to manage all of your Tesla Powerwall – anytime, anywhere. Using the mobile app, you can choose between different modes, such as Backup Only or Self-Powered.